|The subject of this article is non-canonical.
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
Bad Blood, Part Seven: Your Cheatin' Heart (also known as She's No Lady, Part One) is the seventeenth issue of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series. Written by Andi Watson and illustrated by Cliff Richards, it was originally published on January 26, 2000 by Dark Horse Comics.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Continuity
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Death count
- 5 Behind the scenes
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The gang from Sunnydale have faced some unspeakable horrors: ice demons, werewolves, and kung-fu vampires among them. But can the group face the terror of Buffy and Xander making out? What is going on here, and how is it tied to the super vampires, Selke, and the mysterious figures in Sunnydale's sewers? If the group is going to survive, they'll have to brave the chaos of Mardi Gras to find the answers.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Selke instructs Dark Buffy to "make [Buffy's] friends suffer like [Selke's] friends suffered"; Buffy staked Vezina, Hart, and Norris in Halloween and Selke has been seeking revenge since then.
- Cordelia questions about Snyder always forcing the Scoobies to participate on school activities, as he did with the talent show ("The Puppet Show"), chaperoning trick-or-treating children ("Halloween"), and selling chocolate bars ("Band Candy").
- Xander displays a distaste for clowns, as it's revealed in "Nightmares" that he fears them since his sixth birthday party.
- Angel interrogates the vampire he captured in Lost Highway.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Cordelia Chase
- Dark Slayer
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Daniel Osbourne
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
- Unidentified Slayer (Love Sick Blues) (Only bone)
Organizations and titles[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
Events[edit | edit source]
- Mardi Gras (Only mentioned)
Locations[edit | edit source]
Objects[edit | edit source]
Death count[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- The title is a reference to the the song "Your Cheatin' Heart" (1953), continuing the thread of classic songs for titles since Hey, Good Lookin', Part One.
- First published as Your Cheatin' Heart, the story was collected as She's No Lady, Part One.
- The main cover references the poses from issue Hey, Good Lookin', Part One.
- The Valentine's Day variant cover of this issue connects with Angel's issue Surrogates, Part Three variant cover, which depicts Angel and the other half of the heart.
- Dark Buffy window shops the clothing store Cliff's, a reference to the first name of this issue's artist.
Distribution[edit | edit source]
- Your Cheatin' Heart was the 71st best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 28,594 sales in January 2000 at comic specialty stores.
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Pale Reflections
- Omnibus, Volume 4
- Classic 23: Bad Blood
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Legacy Edition, Book 2
Pop culture references[edit | edit source]
- Oz suggests the Teletubbies for the Mardi Gras float's theme.
- Dark Buffy recognizes Cordelia's clothes by fashion designer Anna Sui.
- Cordelia mentions Walmart retail chain.
International titles[edit | edit source]
- Italian: "Il Tuo Cuor Fasullo" (Your Fake Heart)