|Although this article is based on canonical information, the actual name of this subject is conjectural.|
- “In my world, there are people in chains and we can ride them like ponies.”
- ―Willow Rosenberg of the Wishverse[src]
The Wishverse was an alternate timeline created by Anyanka after Cordelia Chase wished Buffy Summers had never moved to Sunnydale. It was referred to as Bizarro Land by Cordelia and as Bizarro World.
In this new reality, while Angel and Rupert Giles did move to Sunnydale, Buffy Summers did not, so there was no one capable of preventing the Harvest. Thus, the Master succeeded in escaping from his mystical prison. However, the Master seemingly chose not to unleash hell on Earth but rather decided to have his acolytes take over the town.
With the Master free and no Slayer present to oppose him, the Order of Aurelius successfully overran and took over Sunnydale. In the process of conquering the town, Angel, considered a traitor, was captured and imprisoned, while others were killed or turned into vampires. Willow Rosenberg and Xander Harris were sired and took the place of Darla and Luke as the Master's leading acolytes. In order to keep the vampires in check, Giles formed a team of vampire hunters formed by Larry Blaisdell, Oz and Nancy. However, they had little resources and abilities to actually affect the Order, who dubbed them the White Hats, and the Master considered them to be a minor nuisence and intended to deal with Giles at some point.
Meanwhile, after the fire in Hemery High's Gym, Buffy and her mother moved to Cleveland,where she met her new Watcher. However, this Watcher had no control over the actions of the Slayer, who through the years developed a tough, grim personality similar to Faith Lehane, shunning friends or family, living only to slay, like Kendra Young.
When Cordelia found herself in this timeline, after learning what had become of Sunnydale in Buffy's absence, she managed to make contact with the White Hats and explain to Giles at least some details of what had happened. However, she was killed by Xander and Willow before she could give too much detail. As the Master began preparations to open a blood factory that would make feeding far easier, turning humans into little more than food, Giles contacted Cleveland and had Buffy sent down to provide assistance, although Buffy showed little interest in his talk of another world. Freeing Angel from his bonds to provide her with aid in the assault, although she only believed that Angel wanted the Master dead for torturing him rather than that he was willing to help her, Buffy attacked the factory, staking Xander, and allowing Oz to kill Willow, although Angel was staked by Xander and Buffy's neck was subsequently broken by the Master and she died. This shows that even in an alternative universe the Pergamum Codex will always come to pass.
Realizing that destroying the amulet would negate Cordelia's original wish, Giles performed a risky ritual to summon Anyanka, subsequently removing her amulet. As Anyanka asked him how he could be so certain that the other world was any better than this one, Giles grimly stated, "because it has to be" and shattered the amulet, erasing the timeline and all its consequences from existence (except for the continued destruction of Anyanka's amulet and loss of power).
Differences from original timeline
- Sunnydale High was lightly populated (with humans), held monthly memorials for people killed by vampires, held a 'Winter Brunch' (presumably in lieu of a dance) and students weren't allowed to drive cars.
- The human inhabitants wore dimly colored clothing as it was believed vampires were attracted to the bright and revealing clothing.
- A curfew for all townsfolk was set right after school hours.
- Xander and Willow are vampires.
- Larry Blaisdell has possibly not come out of the closet yet because his confrontation with Xander in Phases never happened.
- Rupert Giles and Jenny Calendar never met, because Jenny would have never come to Sunnydale to keep Angel and Buffy apart.
- Moloch the Corruptor would probably have never have been scanned into the Internet (which happened in I Robot, You Jane).
- Buffy Summers died facing the Master and was, presumably, not revived. So, either Kendra or Faith were called upon.
- The Master, Larry and Giles never died, unlike their real-world counterparts.
- Buffy Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Larry Blaisdell
- Harmony Kendall
- The Master
- John Lee Walker
- Unidentified cordette
|The Wishverse article has a Photo Gallery.|
- ↑ Slayer: An Unofficial and Unauthorized Guide to Buffy the Vampire Slayer by Keith Topping