| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Buffy Comic Books|
|Viva Las Buffy!|
|Publication date||2 July 2003|
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Includes Original Comics||BtVS #51-54|
|Written by|| Scott Lobdell|
|Comic Book Collections|
Willow & Tara
Viva Las Buffy! is the fifteenth trade paperback collecting comic stories based on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series. The story takes place from Pike's point of view.
After burning down her school gym Buffy was expelled and is now finding it hard to cope with her Slayer duties since her Watcher, Merrick, is dead. She escapes to Las Vegas along with her friend Pike. They work in one of the casinos which, as it happens, is run by two vampires. Angel is also around in the background helping her out although she does not know it.
At the end, Pike realizes he cannot stay with Buffy, and that even friendship between them might endanger the both of them, so he leaves Buffy alone.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #51
- Comic title: Broken Parts
- It's 1996, and Buffy Summers has recently discovered her role as the Vampire Slayer. She goes to Las Vegas to think about her life. Watcher Rupert Giles is puzzled that his Slayer has yet to arrive in Sunnydale.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #52
- Comic title: Full House
- Confused by her new powers as Slayer, Buffy has left Joyce and Dawn behind. Trouble soon arrives when Buffy gradually uncovers a vampiric presence in the Las Vegas Casino.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #53
- Comic title: Deuces Wild
- Pike starts to question the idea of a relationship with the Slayer whilst Giles battles to become the next Watcher of the Slayer.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #54
- Comic title: The Big Fold
- In England, Rupert Giles discovers treachery surrounding his aim to become the newest Watcher, while Pike leaves Buffy deciding that his relationship with her might be dangerous for them.
Buffy comics such as this one are not usually considered by fans as canonical. Some fans consider them to be stories from the imaginations of authors and artists, while other fans consider them as taking place in an alternative fictional reality. However, unlike fan fiction, overviews summarizing their story, written early in the writing process, were approved by both Fox and Joss Whedon (or his office), and the books were therefore later published as official Buffy merchandise.
Also, the writers, Scott Lobdell, Fabian Nicieza, and Paul Lee, made a strong effort to offer a non-contradictory continuity which fills the gap between the events of Buffy burning down her school gym (seen in The Origin), and "Welcome to the Hellmouth".
Behind the Scenes
Goofs, Bloopers & Continuity Errors
- Buffy Summers' eyes were drawn blue instead of the correct green.
- People are turned into vampires by just being bitten, instead of being sired.
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Hank Summers
- Marcus Sidle
- Mary Lou Sidle
- Garner Sidle
- Rupert Giles
- Merrick Jamison-Smythe (Only mentioned)
- Quentin Travers
- Willem Bryardale
- Gwendolyn Post (cameo)
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce (cameo)
- Los Angeles, CA
- London, UK
- Las Vegas, Nevada