| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
Willow’s trying to earn a little pocket change by taking the usual teenage part-time job — baby-sitting the neighbor’s kid. But her child-care chores turn into a scene from a horror movie when the baby gives her the evil eye and attacks.
Barely saved from the tiny terror by Cordelia, Willow can’t forget the missing human child — or the monstrous thing left in its place. The childish changeling keeps coming back to haunt and taunt her. Buffy and her posse soon discover a possible connection between Willow’s infant interloper and some strange artifacts Giles found at a local archaeological dig.
The evil plaguing Willow was once trapped underground. Now that it has been unearthed by new construction on the property, it’s ready to cause some major mischief… and worse.
- The story takes place during Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3.
- Cordelia Chase
- Rupert Giles
- Xander Harris
- Daniel Osbourne
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers
Behind the Scenes
- The cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3.
- This was the first Buffy the Vampire Slayer novel to not feature Sarah Michelle Gellar on the cover.
- Dutch: "Kwaadaardige Sprookjeswezens" (Evil Fairytale Creatures)
- French: "Sélection par le Vide" (Vacuum Selection)
- German: "Willow und das Monsterbaby" (Willow and the Monster Baby)