“The Watcher's Guide, Volume 1” is the first volume of The Watcher's Guide reference book series. It was written by Christopher Golden and Nancy Holder, and published by Pocket Books in October 01, 1998.
As long as there have been vampires, there has been the Slayer. One girl in all the world, to find them where they gather and to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their members. She is the Slayer.
Exclusive Interviews, Totally Pointy Profiles, Behind-the-Scenes Info, and Other Buff-stuff About the Hit Show.
Sarah Michelle Gellar, David Boreanaz, Nicholas Brendon, Charisma Carpenter, Seth Green, Alyson Hannigan, Anthony Stewart Head, James Marsters, Juliet Landau, Mark Metcalf, Robia LaMorte, Armin Shimerman, Joss Whedon, and more!
- Love Bytes: Boy meets Girl, Girl meets Monster: does anyone live?
- A Walking Tour of Sunnydale’s Hot Spots (both of them)
- The Slayer Handbook (according to Buffy Summers)
- Character Guide — who knew what and when?
- Monster Guide — vampires vs. Bezoars: who’s deadlier?
- Special Guest Stars — John Ritter?!
- Playlist — what song did Buffy and Xander slow dance to?
- Don’t Try This at Home — an interview with the show’s stunt coordinator!
- Bonus! Never-filmed dialogue from the original scripts!
- Never-seen, behind-the-scenes photos — Seth Green in makeup, Xander’s closet, those icky fish guys!
- The Monsters, The Mythology, The Villains, The Victims, The Fashion
Don’t be caught dead without “The Watcher’s Guide”.
Behind the scenes
- The cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2.
- French: “Buffy Contre les Vampires: Le Guide Officiel” (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Official Guide)