The Watcher's Guide, Volume 3 is the third volume of The Watcher's Guide reference book series. Written by Paul Ruditis and Allie Costa, it was originally published on July 6, 2004 by Simon Spotlight Entertainment.
From the first vampire staking to the last glimpse of Sunnydale, Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a genre-busting hit, attracting millions of fans worldwide. The last three seasons ran the gamut from an episode without music to a musical episode, from the arrival of a teenage sister to the death of Buffy (again).
Now the third volume in this best-selling series of companions will break down every episode of seasons five, six, and seven — from the villains and the victims to quotables and love bytes — as well as take a wide-ranging look back at the entire run of the show.
- Flashback Foreshadowing: A line-by-line deconstruction of the portents in the season four finale, "Restless"
- "Lost" lines of dialogue, stage directions, and descriptions cut from the original teleplays
- The Trio's Pop-Culture Explosion: Mastering the references of Geek Speak
- Critical (and not-so) essays from a variety of contributors on topics from Buffy's romantic optimism to Dawn's unfulfilled potential
Seven years, 144 episodes, 3 Slayers, 3 principals, 2 networks, 2 vampires with souls, 2 Watchers, 2 pigs, 1 Master, 1 Mayor, and 1 hit show (with tons of Potentials): It all adds up to one must-have volume!
Behind the scenes
- The cover features various promotional pictures taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6.