| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
For 17-year-old Buffy Summers, slaying vampires is as common as doing homework — except she has better luck fighting the undead than writing term papers! This volume collects the wildly popular first three issues of the comic-book series based on the hit television show. Included, at no extra charge, is the hard-to-find Dark Horse Presents 10-page adventure, presented in color for the first time. Hurry, while supplies last!
- Buffy Summers (4/4)
- Rupert Giles (4/4)
- Alexander Harris (4/4)
- Willow Rosenberg (4/4)
- Cordelia Chase (3/4)
- Daniel Osbourne (3/4)
- Selke (2/4)
- Joyce Summers (2/4)
- Principal Snyder (2/4)
- Hart (1/4)
- Lloyd Modano (1/4)
- Norris (1/4)
- San Sui (1/4)
- Vezina (1/4)
Behind the scenes
- The cover features a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2, in montage by Dave Stewart, as in issue Wu-Tang Fang.
- The issue Halloween quotes: “If we hurry we can make the best of the remaining sunlight,” the source for the trade paperback's title.
- The art in MacGuffins, originally in black and white, is first published with colors in this collection.
- “The Remaining Sunlight” was the fourth best selling graphic novel in its publishing month, with 5,237 sales in February 1999 at comic specialty stores.
- ↑ “Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol. 2: The Remaining Sunlight TPB”. Dark Horse Comics. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- ↑ “February 1999 Comic Book Sales to Comics Shops”. Comichron. Retrieved January 09, 2019.