| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
The Remaining Sunlight is the first volume of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic trade paperbacks, collecting issues one to three of the comic book series, as well as "MacGuffins" short story. It was originally published on March 24, 1999 by Dark Horse Comics.
For 17-year-old Buffy Summers, slaying vampires is as common as doing homework — except she has better luck fighting the undead than writing term papers! This volume collects the wildly popular first three issues of the comic-book series based on the hit television show. Included, at no extra charge, is the hard-to-find Dark Horse Presents 10-page adventure, presented in color for the first time. Hurry, while supplies last!
- Buffy Summers (4/4)
- Rupert Giles (4/4)
- Alexander Harris (4/4)
- Willow Rosenberg (4/4)
- Cordelia Chase (3/4)
- Daniel Osbourne (3/4)
- Selke (2/4)
- Joyce Summers (2/4)
- Snyder (2/4)
- Hart (1/4)
- Lloyd Modano (1/4)
- Norris (1/4)
- San Sui (1/4)
- Vezina (1/4)
Behind the scenesEdit
- The cover features a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2, in montage by Dave Stewart, as in issue Wu-Tang Fang.
- The issue Halloween quotes: "If we hurry we can make the best of the remaining sunlight," the source for the trade paperback's title.
- The art in "MacGuffins", originally in black and white, is first published with colors in this collection.
- "The Remaining Sunlight" was the fourth best selling graphic novel in its publishing month, with 5,237 sales in February 1999 at comic specialty stores.
- ↑ "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol. 2: The Remaining Sunlight TPB". Dark Horse Comics. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- ↑ "February 1999 Comic Book Sales to Comics Shops". Comichron. Retrieved January 09, 2019.