|This article is about the novel. For the comic book mini-series, see Long Night's Journey.|
| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
The book consisted of the following stories (in order):
- "The House Where Death Stood Still"
- "A Joyful Noise"
- "I Still Believe"
- "It Can Happen to You"
- "Model Behaviour"
- "Have Gunn, Will Travel"
- "Generous Presence"
- "The Anchoress"
- "Bummed Out"
- "Icicle Memories"
- "Yoke of the Soul"
- "The Sun Child"
- All of the stories take place on December 21, and hour by hour Angel and his crew must survive the longest night of the year.
- Angel (?/12)
- Cordelia Chase (?/12)
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce (?/12)
- Charles Gunn (?/12)
- Winifred Burkle (?/12)
- Lorne (?/12)
Behind the Scenes
- Jeff Mariotte explained why the stories do not reference each other:
- We didn't get to read each other's stories, we just knew a tiny bit about what would happen in the ones before and after ours. So, for instance, I mentioned in the very end of mine that Angel knew he had to go do some last-minute shopping. But we knew it wouldn't flow exactly right, because if it did then it would be a novel by a buncha different writers, and not a collection of short stories. 
- The book is unique, the only anthology of Angel short stories. The book is labeled 'Vol. 1', suggesting further volumes were a possibility, but none were ever released.
Pop Culture References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.