|This article is about the novel. For the comic book mini-series, see Long Night's Journey.|
| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
The Longest Night is a collection of short stories based on the U.S. television series Angel.
All of the stories take place on December 21, and hour by hour Angel and his crew must survive the longest night of the year.
- Tagline: "Evil arrives on the hour."
- Characters include: Angel, Cordelia, Wesley, Gunn, Fred, and Lorne.
- The book is unique, the only anthology of Angel short stories. The book is labeled 'Vol. 1', suggesting further volumes were a possibility, but none were released. There is also an anthology of Buffy short stories in the form of How I Survived My Summer Vacation (which also was labelled Volume 1 despite further installments never appearing).
- Jeff Mariotte explained why the stories do not reference each other:
- We didn't get to read each other's stories, we just knew a tiny bit about what would happen in the ones before and after ours. So, for instance, I mentioned in the very end of mine that Angel knew he had to go do some last-minute shopping. But we knew it wouldn't flow exactly right, because if it did then it would be a novel by a buncha different writers, and not a collection of short stories. 1
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.