|This article is about a subject whose real name is unknown, and is known only by a title, nickname or alias.|
- “The Immortal does not need men like me to do his business. He is a wild card, a wolf removed from the pack, a stallion without, uh, the bridle.”
The Immortal was an old rival of both Angel and Spike. He was an extremely respected and admired being that served no side, instead pursuing his own desires. He had accomplished numerous incredible feats and managed to seduce many women, including Darla, Drusilla, and, supposedly, Buffy Summers, though this was merely a decoy.
According to Darla, he was not "some common vampire." He did not use magic, considering it "dirty", and according to Angel, was centuries old, had a dark past, and he "may or may not [have been] evil".
According to various people that knew the Immortal, he accomplished the following:
- Spent 150 years in a Tibetan Monastery.
- Climbed Mount Everest several times.
- Dealt with the Italian Branch of Wolfram & Hart several times and survived. (The female CEO of the Italian Wolfram and Hart, Ilona Costa Bianchi may have been referring to business dealings or a more personal encounter, quite possibly both).
- Wrote a book that is "a life-changer".
- In Frankfurt, he hatches the Rathruhn egg personally and save nuns from Angelus..
- Successfully captured and tortured Angelus and Spike, two of the most feared vampires of their day.
- "Violated" Drusilla and Darla, at the same time, something that neither Spike nor Angel could get either girl to agree to.
- Recruited an angry mob to beat Spike.
- Landed Spike in jail for tax evasion.
- "The Girl in Question"
- Spike vs. Dracula (Only mentioned)
- The Long Way Home, Part One (Only mentioned)