|The subject of this article is non-canonical.
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Following an encounter with a figure from his past, Angel must now face a horror that he had thought long destroyed. The monster, however, could hold the key to Angel’s salvation… or his destruction! Jumping from the pages of Buffy the Vampire Slayer comes the heroic, tortured vampire Angel in his own three-issue series!
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Catherine DeLancie
- Drusilla (Only in flashbacks)
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Willow Rosenberg
- Spike (Only in flashbacks)
- Buffy Summers
Organizations and Titles[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Sunnydale, USA
- Vienna, Austria-Hungary (Only in flashbacks)
Weapons and Objects[edit | edit source]
Death Count[edit | edit source]
- Two unidentified vampires, killed by the Hollower.
- Unknown number of humans, bitten by various vampires (only in flashbacks).
- Unknown number of vampires including Karl, killed by the Hollower (only in flashbacks).
- An unidentified vampire, staked by Buffy Summers.
Behind the Scenes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- Published even before the homonym television show, it’s considered the first Angel comic issue, although still a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic publication.
- The photo cover includes a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season two.
- Differently from other representations, at this point the comic issues had vampires also able to transform into green creatures with red eyes, pointy ears, a wide mouth, and long teeth. Although, this seems more like an artistic choice, not having direct consequence to the stories.
Collections[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Cover Artwork[edit | edit source]