|The subject of this article is non-canonical.
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
The Hollower, Part Three is the third and final issue of Angel: The Hollower comic book miniseries. Written by Christopher Golden and illustrated by Hector Gomez, it was originally published on July 14, 1999 by Dark Horse Comics.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
It all comes down to this, sports fans! In the ring to my left: the Hollower — vampire's only natural predator other than the Slayer! And in the ring to my right: Angel — champion of the undead, ex-boyfriend of the Slayer, and one all-around bad mother! Place your bets now, ‘cause this one's gonna get nasty! From the pages of the monthly hit, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, comes Angel — vampire hero and hunky heartthrob.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Buffy mentions she have declared before "Nobody messes with my boyfriend," which she did in the episode "What's My Line? Part Two."
- Angel gives up his attempt to become human in fear of losing Buffy, a decision similar to the one he'll make in "I Will Remember You."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Catherine DeLancie
- Drusilla (Only in flashbacks)
- Rupert Giles
- Spike (Only in flashbacks)
- Buffy Summers
Organizations and titles[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Sunnydale, USA
- Vienna, Austria-Hungary (Only in flashbacks)
Objects[edit | edit source]
- Containment Circle
Death count[edit | edit source]
- Theo and Catherine DeLancie, killed by the Hollower.
- The Hollower, killed by Angel.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- The photo cover includes a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3.
- Differently from other representations, at this point the comic issues had vampires also able to transform into green creatures with red eyes, pointy ears, a wide mouth, and long teeth. Although, this seems more like an artistic choice, not having direct consequence to the stories.
Distribution[edit | edit source]
- The Hollower, Part Three was the 77th best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 35,769 sales in July 1999 at comic specialty stores.