|The subject of this article is non-canonical.
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
The Harvest is a novelization book of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer novels series. It was written by Richie Tankersley Cusick based on teleplay by Joss Whedon. It was originally published on September 1, 1997 by Pocket Books.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
NEW SCHOOL. SAME ASSIGNMENT.
Something's wrong in Sunnydale, California… something more than the usual bad hair day. As long as there have been vampires, there has been the Slayer. One girl in all the world to find them where they gather and stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers. In this generation, she is Buffy Summers, 16 years old and a new student at Sunnydale High.
Her experiences at her last school persuaded Buffy to try to resume the life of a normal teenager. But it is no coincidence that Buffy has come to this town at this time. The area is a center of mystical energy, and all the signs point to an imminent, crucial upheaval. Once in a century comes The Harvest: a night when the Master Vampire can draw enough power to break free and open the portal between his world and ours… unleashing havoc.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Blue (Only mentioned)
- Chris Boal
- Cordelia Chase
- Mrs. Chase (Only mentioned)
- Chomsky (Only mentioned)
- Robert Flutie
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Jesse McNally
- Sheila Rosenberg (Only mentioned)
- Willow Rosenberg
- Steve (Only mentioned)
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Bouncer (The Harvest)
- First Female Victim
- Unidentified Cordette (The Harvest)
- Unidentified teacher (Welcome to the Hellmouth)
Organizations and titles[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
Events[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Los Angeles (Only mentioned)
Objects[edit | edit source]
Rituals and spells[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- This book is a novelization of Buffy the Vampire Slayer debut episodes "Welcome to the Hellmouth" and "The Harvest."
- The cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1.
- The character Adam, unidentified in the original episode, was named Jared for this novelization. His canon name was revealed as Adam in "The Pack."
International titles[edit | edit source]
- Dutch: De Bloedoogst (The Blood Harvest)
- French: La Moisson (The Harvest)
- German: Die Wiederkehr des Meisters (The Return of the Master)
- Hungarian: A vámpírlakoma (The Vampire Feast)
- Indonesian: Pesta Darah (Blood Feast)
- Italian: Benvenuti a Sunnydale (Welcome to Sunnydale)
- Portuguese (Portugal): A Colheita (The Harvest)
- Russian: Жатва (Harvest)