"The Glittering World" is the fifth story in the "Tales of the Slayers" graphic novel.
Naayéé'neizgháni is a Navajo woman who, according to Navajo legend, is a mythical Monster Slayer. Riding her horse across the desert, she comes across a caravan which had been attacked by vampires. She follows a trail that leads to a ghost town, where the local tavern was filled with merrily singing demons. She starts a fight in the bar and, with her bow and arrow, is able to kill many vampires.
After showing off her skills, the bartender finally reveals the location of a person he was hiding. She confronts the woman, Tó, who had killed her Watcher. Tó showed no remorse over killing a white man, like her own father, a cavalry man who had raped her Native American mother. The two started fighting and Naayéé'neizgháni managed to kill Tó, but not before being mortally wounded herself.
- Set in 1841, the tale told about Naayéé'neizgháni takes place after the flashbacks from "Amends" (1838), but before the flashbacks from "Salvage" (1845).
- Set in 1899, the conversation between Richard Wilkins and the Padre takes place after the flashback from "Five by Five" (1898), and the events during the Boxer Rebellion ("Fool for Love"/"Darla").
- Tó Bájíshchíní
- Richard Wilkins
- Naayéé'neizgháni's Watcher (Only mentioned)
- Tó Bájíshchíní's father (Only mentioned)
- Tó Bájíshchíní's mother (Only mentioned)
Organizations and Titles
- Sunnydale, USA
Weapons and Objects
- Bow and arrow
- Several demons and vampires, killed by Naayéé'neizgháni.
- Naayéé'neizgháni's Watcher, killed by Tó Bájíshchíní (only mentioned).
- Tó Bájíshchíní, staked by Naayéé'neizgháni.
- Naayéé'neizgháni, mortally wounded by Tó Bájíshchíní.
Behind the Scenes
- A sign reads "Whiskey Willy's", a reference to the demon bar Willy's Place that eventually takes place in Sunnydale.
|Naayéé'neizgháni - "You know who I am now. So don't make me ask twice..."|