| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
The First Time is a prose short story of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series. Written by Fabian Nicieza and illustrated by Paul Lee, it was originally published by Dark Horse Comics on October 30, 2002.
- Dawn is already in High School and being trained by Buffy, making this story somewhere after the episode "Lessons".
- Buffy and Dawn have survived weeks of battle in the Scourge Arenas of Doom, defeated in Note from the Underground, Part Four.
- Buffy recalls her first patrol with Merrick, in which she fought Robert Berman and a second female vampire, as seen in The Origin, Part One.
- Buffy recalls events before she moved to Sunnydale, and therefore previous to the series’ debut episode "Welcome to the Hellmouth".
- Buffy’s memories includes Dawn Summers, only to be created in "Buffy vs. Dracula".
- Robert Berman (Only in flashbacks)
- Alexander Harris (Only mentioned)
- Merrick Jamison-Smythe (Only in flashbacks)
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
- Hank Summers (Only mentioned)
- Joyce Summers (Only mentioned)
Organizations and titlesEdit
- Los Angeles, USA (Only in flashbacks)
- Cemetery (Only in flashbacks)
- Summers residence (Only in flashbacks)
- University of California (Only mentioned)
- Sunnydale, USA
- Lick-It Ice Cream Shop
- Scourge Arenas of Doom (Only mentioned)
Weapons and objectsEdit
- Robert Berman, staked by Buffy Summers (in flashback).
- Unidentified female vampire, staked by Merrick (in flashback).
Behind the scenesEdit
- The First Time was originally published in the commemorative fifth issue Note from the Underground, Part Four.
Pop culture referencesEdit
- Dawn refers to pay cable Cinemax as “Skinemax”.
- Merrick was compared to the shopping district Rodeo Drive.
- Buffy’s thoughts were compared to the arcade video game Pong.
- Buffy’s shoes and pants were described as by the fashion brands Gucci and Armani.
- Robert Berman had posted on X-Files online boards.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.