|The subject of this article is non-canonical.
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
The Death of Buffy, Part Two is the forty-fourth issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series. Written by Tom Fassbender and Jim Pascoe, and illustrated by Cliff Richards, it was originally published on May 1, 2002 by Dark Horse Comics.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The "Death of Buffy" story continues as Willow, Xander, and the gang attempt to fend off an encroaching invasion of black magic lizard wizards. They've come to Sunnydale to resurrect an old friend and to tear the Slayer's pretty little guts out. Unfortunately for them, Buffy and her guts are six feet under. Unfortunately for Buffy's pals, these reptiles are willing to settle for the guts of the Slayer's friends and family.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This story presents the aftermath of Buffy's death in "The Gift", previous to the events of her resurrection "Bargaining, Part One".
- Spike has his chip triggered by punching Xander, the effect discovered in "The Initiative".
- Spike recalls having Buffybot commissioned, in "I Was Made to Love You".
- The Buffybot is first used for replacing Buffy in patrol, as showed in "Bargaining, Part One."
- Anya mentions being engaged to Xander, as he proposed to her in "The Gift".
- Giles buys his flight ticket to London, as he would eventually use in "Bargaining, Part One".
- The wizard trio is revealed to be Doc's brothers, as Spike recalls visiting him with Dawn for a resurrection spell ("Forever").
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Doc (Only mentioned)
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Anya Jenkins
- Tara Maclay
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers (Only mentioned)
- Dawn Summers
Organizations and titles[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Sunnydale, USA
- Los Angeles, USA (Only mentioned)
- Los Angeles International Airport (Only mentioned)
- London, England (Only mentioned)
Weapons and objects[edit | edit source]
Death count[edit | edit source]
- An unidentified vampire, staked by Buffybot.
- An unidentified vampire, staked by Spike.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- The photo cover has a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 5, edited by Dave Stewart.
- Willy's Place has a sign for "Lito Beer", in parody of Miller Lite.
Collections[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Cover Artwork[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Buffy the Vampire Slayer #44 Death of Buffy (Part 2 of 3)". Dark Horse Comics. Retrieved October 13, 2017.