Tales of the Vampires is a trade paperback collecting all five issues of the Tales of the Vampires comic book miniseries, as well as the short story "Dames." It was originally published on November 24, 2004 by Dark Horse Comics.
The creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer reunites with the writers from his hit TV shows including Tick creator and Angel Executive Producer Ben Edlund for an imaginative and frightening look into the history of vampires in the world of the Slayer. Intricately woven around a central story by Whedon featuring a group of young Watchers in training meeting their first undead, Whedon's staff of writers present stories ranging from medieval times to the Depression to today, as well as Buffy's rematch with Dracula and Angel's ongoing battle with his own demons. Wrapped in a haunting cover by Hellboy creator Mike Mignola.
- "Tales of the Vampires, Part One"
- "Spot the Vampire"
- "Dust Bowl"
- "Tales of the Vampires, Part Two"
- "Tales of the Vampires, Part Three"
- "Some Like It Hot"
- "The Problem with Vampires"
- "Tales of the Vampires, Part Four"
- "Taking Care of Business"
- "Tales of the Vampires, Part Five"
Behind the scenesEdit
- Tales of the Vampires was the 23rd best selling graphic novel in its publishing month, with 3,179 sales in December 2004 at comic specialty stores.
- French: Chroniques des tueuses de vampires, Tome 2 (Chronicles of the Vampire Slayers, Volume 2)
- German: Die Sage von der Jägerin, Band 2 (The Legend of the Slayer, Volume 2)
- Italian: I Racontti dei vampiri (The Tales of the Vampires)
- Spanish (Spain): Historias de vampiros (Tales of Vampires)