|The subject of this article is non-canonical.
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
It's senior year for Buffy Summers and her friends. And that means homecoming, senior prom, finals, graduation — all the usual evil doings guaranteed to make the Chosen One long for recess. Slayer duties caused Buffy to miss picking up her Yearbook, so Willow took it for her and enlisted the help of Xander, Oz, Cordelia, Giles, and Angel to make it truly special.
Filled with personal notes, candid photos, and in-jokes about SlayerFest, Halloween, substitute teachers, the principal who was eaten, Ascension, etc. – Buffy's Yearbook is part school publication, part memory book. Written by the authors of the bestselling The Watcher's Guide, this keepsake volume is packed with key references to the show and characters, 32 full-color pages of fan-favorite moments, and Graduation photos!
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The book refers to events from episodes "Homecoming" and "The Prom", and includes pictures also from "The Zeppo", "Beauty and the Beasts", "The Wish", among others.
- Willow mentions Harmony in the “In Memoriam” section; she will discover Harmony had been turned into a vampire only when she's already in college ("The Harsh Light of Day").
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The book is based on the in-universe Sunnydale High Yearbook.
- The cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3.
- The book includes "inscriptions" from characters on the front inside cover: Willow, Xander, Oz, Giles, Cordelia, Angel, Anya, Wesley, Snyder, Joyce, Jonathan, Harmony, Larry, Devon. On the back inside cover, the inscriptions were from the crew-folk.