- “At Hemery I was Prom Queen, Fiesta Queen, I was on the cheerleading squad — the yearbook was, like, a story of me. Now it’s senior year and I’m going to be one crappy picture on one eighth of one crappy page.”
- ―Buffy Summers[src].
Sunnydale High Yearbook refers to the yearbooks from Sunnydale High School.
In 1997, Buffy Summers used Marcie’s previous yearbook to find out about her and her plans. According to Buffy, Willow, and Xander, receiving only “Have a nice summer” messages on the yearbook was a signal of not having friends, being what one writes when there’s nothing to say.
In 1998, while Buffy was waiting in Principal Snyder’s office, a 1955 yearbook falls off the shelf, as a manifestation from James Stanley and Ellen Frank’s ghosts. Buffy uses the book to identify both based on her dreams.
In 1999, Buffy used Harmony’s yearbook picture to locate her.
In 2002, an amnesiac Cordelia used her own book to find out about her identity.
Behind the scenes
- The licensed books "Sunnydale High Yearbook" and "Sunnydale High Hardcover Ruled Journal" are based on this item.
- "Out of Mind, Out of Sight"
- "I Only Have Eyes for You"
- "Homecoming" (Only mentioned)
- "Graduation Day, Part One"
- "Graduation Day, Part Two"
- "The Harsh Light of Day"
- "Slouching Toward Bethlehem"