- “Welcome to Sunnydale High. There's no running in the halls, no yelling, no gum chewing. Apart from that, there's only one rule. If they move, kill them.”
- ―Principal Robin Wood[src]
The front of the school contained a sign that said in Latin "Formatia trans sicere educatorum" ("'Enter all ye who seek knowledge").
Sunnydale High facilities included a library located around the middle of the school over the exact place of the Hellmouth. The library acted as the White Hats's main base of operations. The library has been known to give students the wiggins and when Rupert Giles took the position as librarian, he added many historical volumes and biographies (probably about Demonology and the Occult).
A prominent area was the quad, a large exterior area located at the left of the school with a gate at the end of quad. The quad had benches, palm trees, a water fountain, and a clock tower.
The school possessed a lounge room contained among the hallways to the left of the entrance. The lounge had tables, couches and artwork displayed on the walls, where students could sit down, talk and eat lunch in between classes.
The school dining facility.
The computer class.
The gymnasium was where indoor sports events were held such as the basket ball matches with other schools. Cheerleading practice and auditions were held in the gym. Self-defense were also enseigned here.
An outdoor area where football was practised and played with opposing teams from other schools.
Pool and Steam Room
The swimming pool located inside the school for the Razorbacks' swim team to practice and compete in. It had a locker room and steam room. The steam room was exclusively for swim team members. The pool room also lead to a utility room leading to a water hole. The water hole was also connected to the sewers.
Shower and Changing Rooms
The shower and dressing rooms were located inside the school for the students to change and clean up during PE classes.
The school had an auditorium where the Sunnydale Talent Show was held.
The office of Robert Flutie.
The basement level of the school with a boiler room.
Because of massive vampiric profusion in Sunnydale, many students were drained or sired. Also, the school were almost empty.
Certain strange rules were institued in the school. The students were not allowed to come in cars and the school is close before the night.
Contrary to the mainstream reality, most students and faculty members continued with their lives, living with acknowledge of the vampiric forces that haunted their town.
Deaths due to vampiric causes was daily common among both students and teachers.
Apart from that, life on Sunnydale High still continued drastically with their very own "it-girl" group called, the Cordettes, and many school social functions, including basketball, football, cheerleading, swing choir, homecoming dances, and foreign student exchange programs, probably limited to the day.
- Alexander Harris
- Willow Rosenberg
- Cordelia Chase
- Harmony Kendall
- John Lee Walker
- Daniel Osbourne
- Larry Blaisdell
- Ted Chervin
Groups and Clubs
- The sports teams, known as the Razorbacks
- The Sunnydale High Sentinel, the school newspaper
- The yearbook committee, a group focused on creating the Sunnydale High Yearbook
- The White Hats, a vampire-fighting vigilante group based in the school.
- The Chess Team
- We Hate Cordelia Chase Club
As the main high school in Sunnydale, situated over a Hellmouth, many of its alumni, and even its faculty, went on to do dramatic and supernatural things.
- Willow Rosenberg and Xander Harris are sired during the Harvest and become main lieutnant of The Master. They were dusted respectly by Daniel Osbourne and the Slayer Buffy Summers.
- Rupert Giles don't become Watcher and lead the White hats, a group of vampire hunter constitued by Daniel Osbourne, Larry Blaisdell and Nancy until he broke Anyanka's talisman and retrieve Sunnydale to the mainstream reality.
- Cordelia Chase and Nancy are killed by vampires.
Behind the Scenes
- The real building was Torrance High School, located in southern California. The same location was used in Beverly Hills, 90210.