- “But oh, no, you still think it's neat having Slayer strength. Ooh, big deal! Stronger than humans! Who isn't?”
Strength was the ability to exert physical force, notable when it was greater than what their body would allow. It was a common power among many supernatural beings, though their exact level of strength could vary between beings and races.
Strong beings[edit | edit source]
Vampires[edit | edit source]
- Vampire: Some had described as rising already stronger than when they were humans.
- Turok-Han: A Slayer, with experience against multiple vampires, had significant difficulty against the strength of a Turok-Han when fighting one for the first time.
- Van-Tal: Theorized as the purest form of a vampire's demonic being, Van-Tals didn't include the overall weakness of a vampire's human form.
- New vampire: Their strength was superior to common vampires by definition; one was able to toss a car aside while an experienced vampire recognized he could not, at least not with the same ease.
Standard demons[edit | edit source]
- Vengeance demon: Greater than humans, able to lift a human and throw opponents flying.
- Mok'tagar demon (in demon form)
- M'Fashnik: Could lift and throw humans.
- Mohra demon: Stronger than humans.
- Brachen demon
- Harbingers of Death
- Fyarl demon: Could break solid wood with ease.
- Kailiff demon: Often employed as muscle-for-hire.
- Vyasa: Could be decapitate humans with ease.
- Lorophage demon: Could overpower multiple humans with ease.
- Val Trepkos
- Baphon: Stronger than vampires.
- Brotherhood of Seven: Could break free from a wooden coffin.
- Drokken beast
- Mofo demon
- Skip's species: Stronger than vampires.
- Oden-Tal demon: Could snap humans' necks with ease.
- Lizard demon
- Nezzla demon: Could throw humans around.
- Grappler demon
- Burrower demon: Human hosts possessed great strength.
- Ovu Mobani: Possessed humans have great strength.
- Tothric Clan: Could overpower humans with ease.
- Wainakay demon
- Vahrall demon
- Kith'harn demon
- Eyghon the Sleepwalker: Possessed humans had great strength.
- Nitobe: On par with vampires aged 100+ years.
- Puppet demon: Great strength relative to their small size (could overpower humans).
- Granok demon: Could move 2 tons with ease.
- Grox'lar Beast
- Lei-Ach demon: Could throw humans around.
- Sisterhood of Jhe: Powerful warrior race.
- Prio Motu demon
- Hellions: Capable of decapitating a vampire with ease.
- Unidentified telepath demon
- Spike's crew: Could smash through concrete walls.
Other supernatural beings[edit | edit source]
- Mummy: Could overpower humans larger than them.
- Troll: Greater than vampires aged 100+ years.
- Bio-mechanical demonoid: Greater than a Slayer.
- Werewolf (in wolf-form)
- The Beast: Greater than a Slayer.
- Zombie: Could overpower two men at once.
- Ugly Man: Greater than a Slayer.
Humans[edit | edit source]
- Slayer: Greater than vampires aged 200+ years and some demons (could carry several hundred pounds with ease and lift roughly 2 tonnes without much effort).
- Buffy Summers: As part of the Twilight prophecy, her physical strength increased significantly even for an already strong Slayer. Could lift a train with one hand.
- Caleb: Greater than a Slayer.
- Marcus Hamilton: Could punch a hole through a man's chest with ease.
- Primal: When possessed, could be almost as strong as a Slayer.
- Severin: After he absorbed enough mystical energy, Severin was strong enough to overpower even Illyria.
- Half-demon: The strength indeed varies greatly, but they are almost always much stronger than humans.
Robots[edit | edit source]
- April: Could lift and throw humans.
- Buffybot: Could shatter bricks by punching them.
- Moloch the Corruptor: Greater than a Slayer. Could smash through solid walls.
Higher beings and Old Ones[edit | edit source]
- Glorificus: Greater than Slayers and vampires in her human form. Could level a large building by stomping her foot and slaughter hundreds of men in seconds.
- Illyria: Greater than vampires. Still possessed great strength when her powers were diminished. Could shatter a demon's head with a single punch.
- Maloker: More powerful than all other vampires.
- Jasmine: Greater than vampires. Could lift a station wagon.
- The Beast: Greater than Slayers and vampires.
- Whistler: Greater than vampires.
Enhancements[edit | edit source]
There were several means to temporarily increase one's strength considerably.
- Pete Clarner used a special formula to enhance his strength. He was strong enough to break open the library cage door used to house werewolves.
- The drugs the Initiative agents took that were administered by Maggie Walsh enhanced their physical attributes, but not to a supernatural level.
- Equipping the Orbs of Nezzla'Khan would grant an human enough strength to lift an entire armored car.
- Casting "To Enhance Strength" spell on oneself would grant Slayer-level strength.
- Vampires could enhance their strength by drinking special blood.
- Demonic possession could cause the victim to have fits of inhuman strength.
- A mystical drug could make a Kwaini demon 20 times stronger than its innate strength.
- Through some unspecified means, Lindsey McDonald augmented his strength to a level roughly equal to Angel's.
- When Andrew Wells drank from the Asclepian Vial, his ideal self included increased strength described as close to "Golden-Age Superman."