| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
When Wesley opens a package that arrives special delivery, he is instantly sent into a coma-like slumber. It's obvious he has fallen victim to a spell, and Angel sets off with Gunn to get to the bottom of things. But everyone in a position to assist — magick-shop owners and even traditional authorities like policemen — have also been hit by the supernatural sandman.
Cordelia, meanwhile, is on research duty, which is harder without Wes around. Some of his colleagues have clued her in to a plot — vampire, natch — to plunge the Earth into constant darkness, so that they might reassert their power without fear of daylight. She wants to help prevent this, but while she tends to Wesley it becomes clear that he is in the throes of a terrifying nightmare. If she can't rouse him, it may be the end — for him, as well as the rest of humankind...
- The events take place after the novel Image. Angel Investigations are back at the Hyperion with Wesley in charge and Angel on the team, but there is no sign of Fred and George is still alive, indicating a placement somewhere between episodes "Epiphany" and "Belonging".
- Reference is made to the future tension between Gunn and his gang in "That Old Gang of Mine".
- While interrogating an employee at Los Angeles International Airport, Angel uses the pseudonym Herb Saunders, the same alias he used in "Sense & Sensitivity".
- The novel mentions that MacKenna managed to expertly organize Los Angeles's vampire population for the first time since the Slayer had killed the Master ("Prophecy Girl").
Organizations and titles
- Los Angeles
Behind the scenes
- The cover features a promotional picture taken for Angel season 2.
- French: Extinction des feux ! (Lights Out!)