- “[A] few key Sunnydale alum have been tracking down the recently chosen... uh, guiding them, training them... giving them the full X-Men, minus the crappy third act.”
- ―Andrew Wells[src]
The Slayer Organization was an institution founded by the Scooby Gang to gather and train the newly-activated Slayers following the Battle at the Hellmouth. It included approximately five hundred Slayers split across ten separate squads, as well as mystics, watchers, and other vampire hunters.
History[edit | edit source]
The Slayer Organization was founded in the aftermath of the Battle at the Hellmouth, during which Willow Rosenberg used the power of the Scythe to activate multiple Potential Slayers across the world. Following their victory at the Hellmouth and the destruction of Sunnydale, she and her friends spread out around the world to locate and train the Slayers they were then responsible for.
Newly located Slayers were not forced to join the Organization, but were nonetheless told the score about Slayers and vampires. An implicit Slayer Organization commercial was made in order to recruit the ever-growing number of Slayers worldwide activated for the Organization.
After Buffy Summers broke the Seed of Wonder and brought the end of magic, there was a loss of faith in her leadership and the Organization disbanded. Some Slayers became part of the newly founded security agency Deepscan, or joined the military, others continued to patrol and slay, and some even rejected the Slayer title.
Structure[edit | edit source]
Due to the Watchers Council's destruction, the only known traditionally trained watcher was Rupert Giles, who recognized himself as the Council itself "for all intents and purposes." Alexander Harris, Andrew Wells, and Robin Wood were also de facto watchers. Still, for the first time Slayers outnumbered their watchers: 500 were in the organization from the 1,800 Slayers active worldwide.
There organization was divided in ten squads, those known located in Scotland, Italy, Cleveland, Chicago, New York, Tokyo, and Barcelona; but their actions were not restricted to these countries. The position of leadership in the squads was performed by experienced Slayers, such as Rona, Violet, Satsu, and Buffy. As the leader of the Slayer Organization as a whole, Buffy had two decoy Slayers — one partying and one underground — recruited and acting for the organization.
Members[edit | edit source]
Scotland[edit | edit source]
- Buffy Summers (leader)
- Alexander Harris (watcher)
- Dawn Summers (ally)
- Satsu (former)
- Renee (deceased)
Italy[edit | edit source]
- Andrew Wells (watcher)
- Unidentified leader (leader)
- Buffy Summers (Rome decoy)
- Simone Doffler (rogue)
- Posey (deceased)
Cleveland[edit | edit source]
- Robin Wood (watcher)
New York[edit | edit source]
- Violet (leader)
Chicago[edit | edit source]
- Rona (leader)
- Buffy Summers (underground decoy) (deceased)
- Simone Doffler (former)
- Tessa Freer (former)
Tokyo[edit | edit source]
Barcelona[edit | edit source]
Unknown[edit | edit source]
- Nisha (rogue)
- Unidentified Slayer (Antique)
- Unidentified Slayer II (Last Gleaming)
Affiliates[edit | edit source]
- Willow and Kennedy were members of the organization, but had no permanent base of operations.
- Giles was also a member, travelling between squads to teach the young Slayers about their legacy.
- Faith Lehane was a loose associate, performing special missions at the behest of Wood in Cleveland and Giles in England. Giles and Faith eventually founded their own splinter group dedicated to rehabilitate Slayers.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The dubious-canon novel Chosen includes Chao-Ahn, Maricruz, and Taylor as members of the Slayer Organization, having acted in the battle in Tibet against Twilight's army.