|This article is about a subject whose real name is unknown, being identified only by a title, nickname, or alias.|
Two dimensions were primarily identified by the amount of shrimp which lived there. They were:
- World Without Shrimp, a quiet little agrarian world, with little unusual properties except the absence of shrimp.
- World With Nothing But Shrimp, which contained literally nothing other than shrimp and, as a result, it was sometimes considered boring.
The two dimensions were used to illustrate the concept of alternate dimensions.
History[edit | edit source]
Under the effects of Jonathan's reality alteration, Anya said: "You could have, like, a world with no shrimp. Or with, you know, nothing but shrimp," while explaining the concept of alternate dimensions.
Willow opened a portal to the World Without Shrimp, which she described as "a quiet little agrarian world. Nothing special about it, except they [didn't] have shrimp." She led a friendly group of demons from Quor'toth to seek refuge into this world.
While travelling through various dimensions in search for their return to Earth, Dawn and Xander visited the Dimension of Giant Shrimp, where they were attacked by its residents attempting to boil them in beer.
Other mentions of shrimp[edit | edit source]
- Anya said that Xander didn't travel well, "like fine shrimp."
- Willow found a spell to "communicate with shrimp."
- Upon Anya's insistence on this example, even interrupting the conversation with a shrimp-related pun, Buffy complained: "Stop with the shrimp, I am trying to do something here!"
- After Anya mentioned the World Without Shrimp, Tara replied that she was allergic to them.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Marguerite Allard's multiverse variant cover for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #15 features Buffy, Willow, and Xander exploring the World With Nothing But Shrimp.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "Superstar" (Only mentioned)
- "Triangle" (Only mentioned)
- "Underneath" (Only mentioned)
- Family Reunion, Part Two (Only mentioned)
- Family Reunion, Part Four (Only mentioned)
- Own It, Part Three