|This article is about the comic issue. For the episode, see Revelations.|
Revelations is the eleventh issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eleven comic book series. Written by Christos Gage and illustrated by Rebekah Isaacs, it was published September 27, 2017 by Dark Horse Comics. Joss Whedon is the executive producer.
- Willow recalls Joanna Wise to be involved in every major decision after the tsunami crisis (The Spread of Their Evil), as she was responsible for announcements and interviews in In Time of Crisis, Desperate Measures, and Disempowered.
- Faith mentions liking Willow's spell of Hammer of Govannon, cast in her presence in The Great Escape.
- Xander uses his military knowledge from his experience as an imaginary soldier ("Halloween").
- Willow recalls Ophelia Reyes offer to work together, from In Time of Crisis.
- This season's Big Bad is finally revealed as Joanna Wise, and the responsible for the Shenlong attack on San Francisco (The Spread of Their Evil).
- Willow mentions her Slayer activation spell that shared the Mʔ's power will all the Potential Slayers ("Chosen"), deciding with Buffy to reverse it. It absorbs all the other Slayer's now grown power, including Faith's (already Slayer at the time). They will attempt to perform the Slayer power spell once again during the Reckoning (The Reckoning).
- Buffy recalls fighting evil all her life, as she became a Slayer at fifteen ("The Origin") as has been for more than ten years.
- Xander Harris
- Faith Lehane
- Ophelia Reyes
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
- Joanna Wise
Organization and titles
Weapons and objects
Rituals and spells
- Hammer of Govannon (Only mentioned)
- “Ignis incende”
- Rain of Death
- Slayer activation spell (Only mentioned)
- Slayer power spell
Behind the scenes
- The variant cover features a “deleted scene” from the issue, written by Christos Gage and illustrated by Rebekah Isaacs.
- The Shenlong is invoked with the Chinese word “Zhaohuan”, which translates as “summon”.
- Revelations was the 189th best selling comic issue in its publication month, with 9,894 sales in September 2017 at comic specialty stores.
Pop culture references
- Willow quotes “Shock and awe”, a military doctrine written in 1996.