|This article is about the comic issue. For the episode, see Reunion.|
|The canonicity of this article's subject remains dubious. Though it doesn't contradict official continuity, it has not been referenced in any confirmed canonical material.|
Reunion is a one-shot of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series. Written by Jane Espenson and illustrated by Paul Lee, Brian Horton, Ryan Sook, Chynna Clugston, Randy Green, Rick Ketcham, and Eric Powell, it was originally published on June 19, 2002 by Dark Horse Comics.
When Buffy came back from the dead earlier this season, she received a call from Angel, asking for a secret rendezvous. When she came back to Sunnydale the next episode, she didn't tell anyone what happened while she was away. Now Jane Espenson, the TV scribe behind both those episodes, gives us a glimpse into that secret night... Featuring a reunion of Buffy artists dating from the very beginning of our series.
This special one-shot, featuring extra story pages, brings back Randy Green, Chynna Clugston-Major, Ryan Sook, and many more. Fronted by Jeff Matsuda, who's drawn more Buffy covers than any other artist, this is a must for followers of the show.
- This story takes place after Buffy's return to Sunnydale in episode "Life Serial".
- The events that Xander, Dawn, and Anya attempt to recount take place between the episodes "Flooded" and "Life Serial", and between the Angel episodes "Carpe Noctem" and "Fredless".
- Angel (Only in visions)
- Fire demon
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Anya Jenkins
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
Organizations and titlesEdit
- Hollywood (Only in visions)
- Hollywood Sign (Only in visions)
- Los Angeles (Only mentioned)
- Oxnard (Only in visions)
- Denny's (Only in visions)
Rituals and spellsEdit
- The fire demon, beheaded by Buffy Summers.
Behind the scenesEdit
- This comic is considered to have disputed canon, for being written by Jane Espenson, part of the Buffy writing staff.
- The photo cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6.
- Reunion was the 121st best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 16,936 sales in June 2002 at comic specialty stores.
Pop culture referencesEdit
- Xander imagines Buffy and Angel meeting at the Hollywood Sign.
- Xander imagines Buffy mentioning actor Tom Cruise.
- Anya imagines Buffy and Angel meeting at a Denny's restaurant.