Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer Dropped - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- There are flashbacks of Spike killing Xin Rong and Nikki Wood ("Fool for Love").
- Spike fighting Buffy outside of his own control is similar to his situation being used by the First Evil in "Sleeper". He is likely referring to this when he says "I'm no one's puppet. Never again."
- Buffy mirrors the episode "Family" as she says "We're family."
- Dawn's bedroom in her apartment is shown for the first time.
- Xander recalls Andrew coming out (Love Dares You, Part One) and Willow breaking up with Aluwyn (Love Dares You, Part Three).
- Xander and Dawn end their relationship, which had began in Retreat, Part Three and was interrupted in New Rules, Part Five.
- Xander mentions the running joke of the majority of his romantic interests turning out to be demons, mentioning the events of "Teacher's Pet" and I Wish, Part Two.
- Spike and Giles recollect the last time Buffy and Angel saw each other (Last Gleaming, Part Five), and again after killing Giles (Last Gleaming, Part Four).
- Spike begins his call with Angel with "Hello, wanker," as he had done in Spike: A Dark Place, Part Five. Angel is in his phone as "Wanker," a contact name previously given to Xander (The Core, Part Three).
- The call between Angel and Spike is a crossover with Angel & Faith issue Fight or Flight.
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Rupert Giles
- Dawn Summers
- Nikki Wood (Only in flashbacks)
- Xin Rong (Only in flashbacks)
- Andrew Wells (Only mentioned)
- Aluwyn (Only mentioned)
- She-Mantis (Only mentioned)
- Ninny (Only mentioned)
- D'Hoffryn (Only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
Weapons and Objects
- Nikki Wood, neck snapped by Spike (in flashback).
- Xin Rong, drained by Spike (in flashback).
- Various Archaeus' minions, dusted by Dawn, Xander, and Spike.
Behind the Scenes
Pop Culture References
- The title is a reference to relationship status option "it's complicated" on Facebook social media.
- Spike mentions the philosopher and military strategist Sun Tzu.