|This article is about the Angel comic issue. For the Tales short story, see Prologue.|
| The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.|
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
Angel walks the line between two worlds; a vampire cursed with a soul, he's spent centuries battling back the forces that would destroy humanity, in an attempt to redeem himself for the crimes committed by the monster he was when he was first turned.
Written by Bryan Edward Hill (Detective Comics, Killmonger) with art from Gleb Melnikov (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers), discover a brand new, modern take on one of the most iconic vampires in pop culture, perfect for fans and new readers alike!
- The story takes place in the last scene of Welcome Back to the Hellmouth, Part Four, with flashbacks from the moment he was cursed as well as his time in Los Angeles before going to Sunnydale.
- Helen Chou (Only in flashbacks)
- Fee-Fee (Only in flashbacks)
- Alexander Harris
- Sari Hudson (Only mentioned)
Organizations and titlesEdit
- Los Angeles Police Department (Only in flashbacks)
Weapons and objectsEdit
- Blood (Only in flashbacks)
- Unidentified necklace (Only in flashbacks)
Rituals and spellsEdit
- Ritual of Restoration (Only in flashbacks)
- Helen Chou, eaten by the demon (in flashbacks).
- The demon, tore open by Angel (in flashbacks).
Behind the scenesEdit
- This issue was announced only a week before its debut, along with the series itself. According to Bryan Edward Hill, “we let retailers know there was going to be a special promo item that we told them that was tied to their orders for Buffy #3. And so we worked to get as much of Angel #0, the first printing, in stores as we can. But when this announcement breaks, the first printing covers are limited only to this run that we're surprising retailers with, and there's a second printing variant that will be available for reorder right away. But we're really hoping that this fulfills what Boom! Studios' core goal is, which is bringing new readers to comic shops.”
- The issue features sketchbook and a letter from Sierra Hahn.
- The back of the issue includes a quote by Kate Lockley in episode "Rm w/a Vu".
- ↑ Steve Foxe, "BOOM! Studios Announces Surprise Angel Comic Just 8 Days Ahead of Release". Paste, April 9, 2019.