| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
Past Lives, Part One is the fifteenth issue of the Angel comic book series. Written by Christopher Golden and Tom Sniegoski, and illustrated by Christian Zanier, it was originally published on January 17, 2001 by Dark Horse Comics.
A huntress is stalking demons in LA. Normally this would be a good thing, except she's leaving survivors and telling them Angel sent her. Now, Angel has an army of demons on his tail, hell-bent on revenge. What's a vampire to do? And how long can his human companions, Cordelia and Wesley, remain safe? Chapter one of "Past Lives" is the first in a four-part crossover with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, one which will have lasting effects on both titles.
- This story takes place before the explosion of Angel Investigations offices in episode "To Shanshu in L.A.".
- Angel encounters Abner, from Beneath the Surface, Part One and Two. They will see each other again in the novel Monster Island.
- Cordelia Chase
- Rupert Giles
- Alexa Landry
- Buffy Summers
- Quentin Travers
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
Organizations and titlesEdit
- London, England
- Los Angeles
- Angel Investigations offices
- Hellmouth (Only mentioned)
- A crustax demon, impaled with its own arm by Angel.
- Unidentified demon, beheaded with a Mahkash sword by Buffy.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The photo cover features a montage by Keith Wood of promotional pictures taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons four and two, as well as Angel season one.
- The photo cover connects with the ones for this arc's parts Two, Three, and Four.
- Past Lives, Part One was the 134th best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 14,504 sales in January 2001 at comic specialty stores.