| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF
Bitten by his werewolf cousin Jordy, Oz has struggled with the forces of evil that transform him to a beast three nights of each month. Those who care about him have learned to deal with his alter ego and accept him for who he is.
But Oz himself isn't sure who he really is. Part human, part dangerous animal, he must constantly question his basic nature, and worries that he might, as the wolf, bring harm to his loved ones. Therefore, with great difficulty, he leaves Sunnydale and sets off on a course toward enlightenment. Giles has told him of a Watcher in the Fiji Islands who might help him to transcend the lunar pull.
Oz's journeys take him from Tibet to Australia, and even to Hong Kong. Far-flung regions and exotic cultures provide new understandings of consciousness and human nature. Before long, though, he realizes that he must gain control of his inner wolf sooner rather than later — or risk finding himself not predator, but rather, prey...
- The events of this story take place during Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4.
- Gib Cain
- Rupert Giles (Only mentioned)
- Daniel Osbourne
- Veruca (Only in visions)
- Willow Rosenberg (Only in visions)
Behind the scenes
- The title is a reference to the book Into the Wild (1996), a non-fiction story about a man who hiked across North America into the Alaskan wilderness in the early 1990s.
- The cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4.
- French: Journal de Bord d'un Loup Garou (Logbook of a Werewolf)