- Buffy wishes that she'd never given D'Hoffryn powers, which happened in In Pieces on the Ground, Part Three.
- Xander is made temporally invisible, as he previously had in "Fear, Itself".
- D'Hoffryn kills Anya making her burn alive, similarly to the way he killed Halfrek in "Selfless".
- D'Hoffryn makes the Scoobies various offers they were tempted before in this same season:
- Buffy and Dawn fought against a fake Joyce in I Wish, Part One;
- Willow denied Tara's resurrection in Return to Sunnydale, Part Two;
- Xander let Anya be without his influence in In Pieces on the Ground, Part Four;
- Giles faced the disadvantages of a sudden adulthood in Freaky Giles Day;
- Spike denied forcing the Shanshu prophecy in I Wish, Part Two.
- This issue invokes the recurring joke from the series in which someone doesn't know who Andrew is ("Gone," "Never Leave Me," Turbulence).
- A new Magic Council is established; D'Hoffryn had killed all members in Own It, Part One.
- Xander and Dawn resume their relationship; they had began their break in New Rules, Part Five and grew closer during Own It, Part One.
- Cedric the Slime Man and Lucky Cat, now Magic Council members, were attendees in Buffy and Willow's hearing in Day Off (or Harmony in My Head).
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Dawn Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Andrew Wells
- Jonathan Levinson
- Riley Finn
- Lilah Morgan
- Venobia's slave
- Lucky Cat
- Cedric the Slime Man
- Unidentified skeleton demon
- Anya Jenkins (Only mentioned)
- Joyce Summers (Only mentioned)
- Tara Maclay (Only mentioned)
- Harmony Kendall (Only mentioned)
- Vicki (Only mentioned)
Organization and TitlesEdit
Weapons and ObjectsEdit
Behind the ScenesEdit
- This issue main cover is Steve Morris's first non-digital cover, painted in acrylics on paper.
- In the main cover, Buffy stands in San Francisco National Cemetery, with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- "Own It"
Pop Culture References Edit
- Andrew has a Captain America shield.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.