|The subject of this article is non-canonical.
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
Omnibus, Volume 5 is the fifth volume of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic trade paperbacks, collecting issues twenty-one to twenty-eight, as well as the miniseries Haunted and Oz, and the short stories "Take Back the Night" and "Killing Time". It was originally published on August 27, 2008 by Dark Horse Comics.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Volume Five of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus series begins immediately after Season Three, after Sunnydale High has gone up in flames. Buffy is plagued by dreams of fellow Slayer Faith, who now lies in a comma. Jane Espenson, the celebrated writer from the Buffy TV show, writes the powerful Faith story Haunted. And as summer comes to an end, Buffy and Willow begin their first year of college in The Blood of Carthage, in a story written by acclaimed Buffy novelist Christopher Golden. Meanwhile Buffy embarks on a new romance with Riley Finn, and Willow and Oz's relationship comes to an end in Golden's Oz: Into the Wild. This volume also features work by Buffy Season Eight contributors Cliff Richards and Paul Lee and Brian Horton.
Stories[edit | edit source]
- Haunted, Part One
- Haunted, Part Two
- Haunted, Part Three
- Haunted, Part Four
- "Take Back the Night"
- "Killing Time"
- The Blood of Carthage, Part One
- The Blood of Carthage, Part Two
- The Blood of Carthage, Part Three
- The Blood of Carthage, Part Four
- The Blood of Carthage, Part Five
- The Heart of a Slayer, Part One
- The Heart of a Slayer, Part Two
- Cemetery of Lost Love
- Oz, Part One
- Oz, Part Two
- Oz, Part Three
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Distribution[edit | edit source]
- Omnibus, Volume 5 was the tenth best selling graphic novel in its publishing month, with 3,907 sales in September 2008 at comic specialty stores.
International titles[edit | edit source]
- Spanish (Spain): Omnibus, Volumen 5 (Omnibus, Volume 5)