- “My destiny. Little sooner than I expected -- I had a whole section about civic pride, but... I guess we'll just get to the big finish.”
- ―Richard Wilkins III before Ascension[src]
Apparently, Mayor Wilkins was not the first individual that became the embodiment of Olvikan. The natives of Kauai, where Lester Worth had uncovered the remains of a gigantic demon which he had believed were the fossil of a dinosaur, had a legend that mentioned the demon Olukai.
Wilkins' defeat was the second known death of Olvikan. However, as Wilkins was not the first one who embodied the Old One, it is possible that Olvikan could still manifest through someone else.
Olvikan resembled a green snake that towered around 60 feet tall. It possessed sharp teeth and multiple mandibles around its jaws, along with a thick, bone-armored hide along its back and a spiked tail-club.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Due to its enormous size, Olvikan possessed immense physical strength and endurance, able to devour entire humans in one bite, break through walls by charging into them effortlessly and take damage from spears and flamethrowers without real injury but only minor irritation.
His tail also proved a dangerous weapon as it could be swung as a whip. He killed Larry Blaisdell this way whose neck broke when hitting the ground.
Olvikan was still vulnerable to being killed, however it took great means to do so. The one from Hawaii was killed by the eruption of a volcano and Buffy required a large amount of TNTs to defeat the Mayor.
- "Graduation Day, Part Two"
- "The Harsh Light of Day" (Only mentioned)
- "Doomed" (Only mentioned)
- "A New Man" (Only mentioned)
- "Superstar" (Only mentioned)
- "Primeval" (Only mentioned)
- "Shadow" (Only mentioned)
- "Restless" (Only mentioned)
- "Smashed" (Only mentioned)
- "Slouching Toward Bethlehem" (Only mentioned)
- "Apocalypse, Nowish" (Only mentioned)