|This article is about the Buffy story. For the Angel collection, see Old Friends.|
| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
For months now, Buffy and the gang have been dealing with superpowered vampires and slayer doppelgangers. Selke's finally coming out of hiding, but Buffy's not quite up to speed to deal with her. A massive conclusion to the nine-part "Bad Blood" story!
- Buffy returns to her friends after having been in the sewers since She's No Lady, Part One.
- Buffy says she "almost never dies" and she "always come back", a reference to her death and resurrection in "Prophecy Girl".
- Buffy finally defeats Selke, who had her first encounter with the Slayer in Halloween and has been seeking vengeance against her since them.
- Cordelia Chase
- Dark Buffy I
- Dark Buffy II
- Rupert Giles
- Xander Harris
- Daniel Osbourne
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
Organizations and titles
- Mardi Gras
Weapons and objects
- Two unidentified vampires, staked by Buffy Summers.
- Selke, staked by Buffy.
- The new bloods, automatically died with Selke.
Behind the scenes
- The photo cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4.
- Old Friend was the 82nd best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 26,596 sales in March 2000 at comic specialty stores.
Pop culture references
- Willow compares Dark Buffy with the creature from the novel "Frankenstein" (1818).
- A Mardi Gras spectator compares Selke with Universal Monsters Live Rock and Roll Show (1992–2016).
- Italian: "Vecchia Amica" (Old Friend)