Olaf the Troll God's Enchanted Hammer was a powerful weapon brandished by Olaf the troll.
After Anya accidentally released him from a crystal in The Magic Box he had been banished into. Buffy Summers kept it as souvenir after defeating Olaf and it remained at shop, placed on a display case with a concrete slab to support it. Buffy later used it to pummel Glorificus, a near-invulnerable hell-goddess, into submission.
Powers and Abilities
Anya noted that the hammer contained godly power. The hammer was apparently very heavy; despite having enhanced strength as a vampire, Spike was unable to lift it, but the Slayer was able to wield it easily.
Behind the Scenes
- The hammer is a reference to the mythological Mjölnir, the hammer of Thor, the Norse God of Thunder. Most notably, for the Mjölnir represented in the Marvel Comics, one must be worthy to wield the weapon, similar to inability of Spike lift it while Buffy easily carried it.
- The Enchanted Hammer was an accessory featured in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figures "Anyanka", "The Gift Dawn & Glory", and "Glory".
- One of two known hammers was sold on eBay by Fox Auctions in 2004. As of September 2010 one of the two was once again on sale, but has since been sold to an unknown buyer. The two hammers can be told apart by the leather cord attached at the bottom of the handle. The hammer first seen in "Triangle" had the leather cord but in later appearances "Blood Ties" and "The Gift" it did not.
- "Blood Ties"
- "The Gift"
- "Selfless" (Only in flashbacks)
- "The Ultimate Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Gift"