No Future for You, Part Three is the eight issue of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight comic book series. It was written by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Georges Jeanty. Joss Whedon is the executive producer.
After discovering Genevieve is planning to kill Buffy, Faith realizes that Giles had not sent her to save the world from a rogue Slayer, but to actually save Buffy. Nevertheless, she continues her assignment, and convinced Genevieve that she has sided with her. They immediately start bonding, even taking a bath together.
Outside the Savidge manor, Giles along with a gnome, Trafalgar, is trying to break into the manor to rescue Faith. Although, the freelancer, failing to open it, questions if Faith has gone “native” and is not working for Giles anymore.
Meanwhile in Scotland, Buffy and Willow are in the Slayer Organization command center fixing up some of the force fields around the arena and discussing how they should respond to the danger posed by the army. Suddenly, Roden teleports Buffy from into the Savidge manor. Genevieve attacks Buffy and they fight, while Faith watches from a balcony. While the rogue Slayer proves to be an accomplished fighter, she is defeated by the more experienced Buffy. As Buffy is about to deliver the killing blow, Roden prepares to magically attack her.
Faith quickly leaps into the fight, jumping with Buffy through a window and falling into a swimming pool. Buffy accuses her of switching sides again, despite Faith’s attempts to convince her otherwise, and attacks her. During the ensuing battle, Faith almost drowns Buffy in the pool, but comes to her senses in time, telling her to shut up. At that moment, Willow teleports Buffy back to Scotland, leaving Faith alone and shaken.
While Buffy orders Willow to contact Giles immediately, back at the Savidge residence, Faith sits crestfallen as Genevieve approaches, prepared to swing an axe at her head, realizing that her friend has betrayed her.
- Faith thinks about never forgetting how deep Buffy cut her, a reference to Buffy stabbing her during her fight in "Graduation Day, Part One".
- Buffy mentions generous anonymous donations to the Slayer Organization; in Anywhere but Here, it’s revealed she and other Slayers had robbed insured gold bars and diamonds in a Swiss bank.
- Faith nearly drowning Buffy in a fit of frustration is a parallel to Buffy’s nightmare of her drowning her in "Consequences", possibly foreshadowing this event.
- Though things seemed to get better between the two Slayers, Buffy reveals she is still distrustful of Faith. Faith herself is shown to have not totally overcome her dark side and differences towards Buffy. Faith’s lingering resentment towards Buffy was brought up by the First Evil in "Touched".
- Rupert Giles
- Faith Lehane
- Willow Rosenberg
- Genevieve Savidge
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers (Only mentioned)
Organizations and titles
Weapons and objects
- An unidentified vampire, staked by Buffy Summers (only in television).
Behind the scenes
- The title refers to a verse from the Sex Pistols’s song “God Save the Queen”.
- Georges Jeanty’s variant cover features the Dark Horse Comics logo in a lighter, as well as a paper written “Kaba Lounge” (Jeanty’s nickname).
- According to Scott Allie in No Future for You, Part One’s Slay the Critics, “the entire story [of the ‘No Future for You’ arc] has its earliest roots in Joss [Whedon] and Brian [K. Vaughan] talking about doing a Faith TV movie.”
- No Future for You, Part Three was the tenth best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 91,595 sales in November 2007 at comic specialty stores. It was also among the 300 best selling of December 2007.
Pop culture references
- Faith and Gigi talk about their common interest in the bands Arctic Monkeys and The Stone Roses.
- Willow mentions the operating system Linux.
- French: Pas d'Avenir pour Toi, Troisième Partie (No Future for You, Part Three)
- German: Ohne Zukunft, Teil Drei (Without Future, Part Three)
- Italian: Nessun Futuro per Te, Parte 3 (No Future for You, Part Three)
- Portuguese (Brazil): Sem Futuro, Parte Três (No Future, Part Three)
- Russian: У тебя нет будущего, Часть 3 (You Have No Future, Part 3)
- Spanish: No Tienes Futuro, Parte III (You Have No Future, Part III)
- Turkish: Gelecek Yok, Kısım Üç (No Future, Part Three)
- This issue was adapted into a Season Eight Motion Comic episode.
|Faith Lehane - “Whenever she’s around, you’re the villain. But as soon she’s gone, you’re the hero. That’s right. Never forget how deep she cut you. Never forget how deep.”|