| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
Recipe for action: take one Buffy Summers, add three quarts of evil, a pinch of high-school high jinks, and blend well, for the high-octane monthly adventures of everyone’s favorite Chosen One! The gang’s well-intentioned slumber party has gone awry, and the trouble grows as the night deepens. Things are not always what they seem, and in this case, the new girl might not be telling the whole story… and it could cost Buffy more than a game of Truth or Dare.
A group of vampires invade the slumber party and Buffy dusts them all. Angel arrives and uncovered Cynthia’s plans: she arranged the lavish slumber party for her vampiric father and his friends to crash and feast on. Suddenly, Cynthia reveals her true appearance as a demon. Before she causes any real damage, the Hellmouth reclaims its own and sucks her back through the pool.
- Buffy Summers
- Xander Harris
- Willow Rosenberg
- Cordelia Chase
- Cynthia's father
- Sheila Rosenberg (Only mentioned)
- Ira Rosenberg (Only mentioned)
Organizations and titlesEdit
Weapons and objectsEdit
- An unidentified vampire, staked by Buffy Summers.
- Four unidentified vampires, slayed by Buffy (only mentioned).
- An unidentified vampire, staked by Angel.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The photo cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2.
- Differently from other representations, at this point the comic issues had vampires also able to transform into green creatures with red eyes, pointy ears, a wide mouth, and long teeth. Although, this seems more like an artistic choice, not having direct consequence to the stories.
- New Kid on the Block, Part Two was the 42º best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 40,797 sales in February 1999 at comic specialty stores.
Goofs, bloopers & continuity errorsEdit
- The main cover features different coloring for Willow’s hair, from red to black.
Pop culture referencesEdit
- Cynthia’s father wears an University of California, Berkeley shirt.