| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
With spring in the air and a day off from school, the gang decides to have a get together. Harboring thoughts of an all-night, all-girl slumber party, Willow’s new gal-pal, Cynthia, volunteers to coordinate it. The only problem is whom to invite. Buffy’s in. Cordelia, too. What about Xander? Eight ladies, all in their pajamas. One way or another, Xander’s going to make it!
- Cordelia Chase
- Rupert Giles
- Xander Harris
- Daniel Osbourne
- Sheila Rosenberg (Only mentioned)
- Ira Rosenberg (Only mentioned)
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
Organizations and titlesEdit
Weapons and objectsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- The photo cover features a promotional still taken from episode "Innocence".
- Differently from other representations, at this point the comic issues had vampires also able to transform into green creatures with red eyes, pointy ears, a wide mouth, and long teeth. Although, this seems more like an artistic choice, not having direct consequence to the stories.
- New Kid on the Block, Part One was the 36º best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 44,964 sales in March 1999 at comic specialty stores.
Pop culture referencesEdit
- Cordelia mentions her shoes are from luxury brand Gucci.
- Buffy mentions Pavlovian conditioning in reference to Xander’s “drooling” response.
- Buffy and Cordelia comments on the stereotype of Generation X as “slackers”.
- Xander mentions YM girls’ magazine.
- Cordelia compares Xander with fictional lawyer Ally McBeal.
- Oz mentions actor Leonardo DiCaprio, and the girls indeed freeze-frame his face on VHS during the slumber party.
- Xander’s TV plays a game with ice hockey team Los Angeles Kings.
- Cordelia questions Willow if she bought her food from Kmart department store.
- Angel reads with Buffy the play Romeo and Juliet.