- “I keep thinking: 'Okay, that's the cutest thing ever,' and then she does something cuter and completely resets the whole scale.”
- ―Willow Rosenberg[src]
Miss Kitty Fantastico was the pet cat of Tara Maclay and Willow Rosenberg. She was a tuxedo cat in coloration, with primarily black fur, white rear feet, a white stripe from her chin to chest, and a small spot of white fur around her nose.
In 2000, Tara told Willow about her plans of getting a cat. Not a familiar, but simply as a pet, that she could call Trixie or Miss Kitty Fantastico. Willow noted that UC Sunnydale did not allow animals in dorms, so Tara declared that it would be a sneaky cat. Tara confirmed with her girlfriend that she did not dislike cats nor had any allergies, and Willow was excited about playing with a kitty.
Days later, Tara got a kitten. While playing with her, Willow remarked how her small actions were cute, such as her yawning. They called her Miss Kitty Fantastico, although Tara mentioned they should get the cat a real name. Tara suggested the cat would be theirs instead of just hers. Willow dreamed of Miss Kitty playing with a ball of yarn when she and the Scooby Gang were attacked by Sineya in their dreams.
Behind the scenes
- A small figurine of Miss Kitty Fantastico was included in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figure set “Together Forever” with Willow and Tara.
- "New Moon Rising" (Only mentioned)
- "The Yoko Factor"
- "Restless" (Only in visions)
- "End of Days" (Only mentioned)