- “I keep thinking: ‘Okay, that’s the cutest thing ever,’ and then she does something cuter and completely resets the whole scale.”
- ―Willow Rosenberg[src]
Miss Kitty Fantastico was the pet kitten of Tara Maclay and Willow Rosenberg. She was a black/grey kitten with white rear feet, a white stripe from her chin to chest, and a small spot of white fur around her nose.
In 2000, Tara told Willow about her plans of having a cat. Not a familiar, but simply as a pet, that she could call Trixie or Miss Kitty Fantastico. Willow noted that UC Sunnydale did not allow animals on dorms, so Tara said it would be a sneaky cat. Tara confirmed with her girlfriend that she did not dislike cats or had any allergies, and Willow was excited about playing with a kitty.
Days later, Tara got a kitten. While playing with her on bed, Willow remarked how her small actions were cute, such as her yawning. They called her Miss Kitty Fantastico, although Tara mentioned they should get the cat a real name. Tara suggested the cat would be theirs instead of just hers. Willow dreamed of Miss Kitty playing with a ball of yarn when she and the Scooby Gang were attacked by Sineya in their dreams.
Behind the scenes
- A small figurine of Miss Kitty Fantastico was included in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figure set “Together Forever” with Willow and Tara.
- "New Moon Rising" (Only mentioned)
- "The Yoko Factor"
- "Restless" (Only in visions)
- "End of Days" (Only mentioned)