Marti Noxon is a writer, director, and actor whose work includes Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel episodes. She also acted as story editor, co-producer, supervising producer, co-executive producer, then executive producer of Buffy, as well as consulting producer for the first three seasons of Angel.
Noxon joined the Buffy the Vampire Slayer writing staff in the second season, writing 23 episodes and directing two over the course of the series. She was a story editor in the second season (1997–1998), co-producer in the third (1998–1999), supervising producer in the fourth (1999–2000), co-executive producer in the fifth (2000–2001) and executive producer for the sixth and seventh seasons of Buffy (2001–2003). Notably, Noxon was responsible for the casting of Amber Benson as Tara. She also went on writing for one episode of Angel.
Noxon also appeared on the show as the Parking Ticket Woman, singing in the musical episode "Once More, with Feeling", reprising the singing role in "Selfless" along with fellow writer David Fury. She also sang the theme tune for the Cordy! show in the Angel episode "Birthday", where she also appeared in a cameo as Cordelia's friend.
In addition to Buffy and Angel, Noxon has gone on to work as a writer for the television series Point Pleasant (2005–2006), Brothers & Sisters (2006), Grey's Anatomy (2007), Private Practice (2007–2008), Mad Men (2008–2009), Gigantic (2010–2011), Glee (2011–2012), UnREAL (2015–2016), Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce (2014–2018), Dietland (2018), and Sharp Objects (2018). Her writing credits also include the films Just a Little Harmless Sex (1998), I Am Number Four (2011), Fright Night (2011), and To the Bone (2017).
Below is a list of works by Noxon in the Buffyverse:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- "What's My Line? Part One" (with Howard Gordon)
- "What's My Line? Part Two"
- "Bad Eggs"
- "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered"
- "I Only Have Eyes for You"
- "Dead Man's Party"
- "Beauty and the Beasts"
- "The Wish"
- "The Prom"
- "Living Conditions"
- "Wild at Heart"
- "Doomed" (with David Fury and Jane Espenson)
- "Goodbye Iowa"
- "New Moon Rising"
- "Buffy vs. Dracula"
- "Into the Woods"
- "Bargaining, Part One"
- "Bring on the Night" (with Douglas Petrie)
- "Into the Woods"
- "Once More, with Feeling" (as Parking Ticket Woman)
- "Birthday" (cameo and singing voice)
- "Selfless" (uncredited acting role)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2 — Story editor
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3 — Co-producer
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4 — Supervising producer
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 5 — Co-executive producer
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6 — Executive producer
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 7 — Executive producer
- Angel season 1 — Consulting producer
- Angel season 2 — Consulting producer
- Angel season 3 — Consulting producer
- Marti Noxon on Wikipedia