Some suspiciously supernatural murders have Spike, Xander, Willow, and Giles in a conundrum. They have to talk to Buffy, but there's something about the killer they're pretty sure she's not going to like... Meanwhile, Andrew gets some relationship advice from Buffy!
- After waking up from a night with Spike, Buffy asks if he is evil, recollecting Angel's loss of soul after having sex with her ("Innocence").
- Spike refers to Dowling as Buffy's "old boyfriend," and she explains they "went on, like, half a date," as seen in Welcome to the Team, Part One.
- After Spike tells Xander about his supposed killings the night before, Xander reacts similarly to Cordelia and Wesley when Angel told them about a similar situation in "Somnambulist".
- Willow mentions Spike getting his soul ("Grave").
- Spike mentions being controlled by the First Evil ("Sleeper") and sirens (I Wish, Part Two).
- Buffy recalls Andrew turning her invisible ("Gone"), attempting to blame her for Katrina's murder ("Dead Things"), summoning a Glarghk Guhl Kashmas’nik Demon to poison her ("Normal Again"), and putting her mind in Buffybot's body (Freefall, Part One).
- Andrew mentions the events of when he took the Asclepian Vial (Love Dares You, Part One) and kissed Clive (Love Dares You, Part Two).
- The couple killed in Spike's dream (Love Dares You, Part Two) is investigated, become vampires, escape the morgue, then attacks Buffy and Xander.
- Willow breaks up with Aluwyn; they had met each other in Willow: Goddesses and Monsters and resumed their relationship in "Willow: Wonderland".
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Rupert Giles
- Dawn Summers
- Andrew Wells
- Robert Dowling
- Clive (Only mentioned)
- Archaeus (Only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
- San Francisco, USA
- Oakland, USA
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- The tile "Love Dares You" is based on a verse from Queen and David Bowie's song "Under Pressure".
Pop Culture References
- Xander mentions the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak.
- Xander and Spike's apartment has an Alien figurine.
- Andrew's house has a Captain America shield, a Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace poster, and a Darth Vader mask.
- Andrew mentions the movie The Sixth Sense (1999).