|The canonicity of this article's subject remains dubious. Though it doesn't contradict official continuity, it has not been referenced in any confirmed canonical material.|
Summary[edit | edit source]
Kishi Minomoto is a brave girl born into a warrior clan who is suddenly called to serve as a lady in waiting for the Great Lady Ankimon-in. Her summoner, the priest Bennin, claims to be her watcher and informs her of her duty as a Slayer. He teaches her precious information concerning the demons around her as well as her predecessor before sending her to wait on the Great Lady.
Kishi does her best to locate and slay the demons surrounding the Palace. When she requests assistance from her watcher, Bennin takes her to a dragon and reveals to her that he is actually Migoto, brother of the real Bennin, who became a vampire and has been sacrificing Slayers to a dragon in order to maintain his immortal life.
Kishi is able to stake Migoto and the dragon fades away. At this moment, Lady Ankimon-in arrives so Kishi tells everything to her. In turn, the Great Lady reveals that she was originally the Watcher of the past Slayer and now intends request to be Kishi's Watcher as well. As she is left alone, Kishi cries for her future of only having the night to be free.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The events of this story take place in the year of 980.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Bennin (Only mentioned)
- Matsuo (Only mentioned)
- Higashi Minomoto
- Hiroi Minomoto
- Kishi Minomoto
- Yoshi (Only mentioned)
- Ankimon-in's Slayer (Only mentioned)
Organizations and titles[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Heian Kyo
- Imperial Palace
- Sagami Province
- Heian Kyo
Death count[edit | edit source]
- Aikiko, killed by an unknown entity.
- Two onis, slayed by Kishi Minomoto.
- Yoshi, killed by a tengu.
- A tengu, slayed by Kish.
- Unknown number of kappas, slayed by Kish.
- Bennin, killed by Migoto (only mentioned).
- Kishi's predecessor, sacrificed to a dragon by Migoto (only mentioned).
- Migoto, staked by Kish.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- Kishi prays to Hachiman, the syncretic divinity of archery and war.
- Kishi fights onis, tengus, and kappas, creatures from traditional Japanese folklore.
- The dragon tells about the previous Slayer being taken to Ryūgū-jō, the undersea palace of the Dragon King.