|This article is about the sister of Liam. For the roommate of Buffy, see Kathy Newman.|
Biography[edit | edit source]
Kathy cried on the day Liam left their family's house; while he and their father argued, Liam consoled his sister, telling her: "No tears; we'll meet again." It was the last moment Kathy saw him alive, as that very night Liam met the vampire Darla and was subsequently sired.
After rising from his grave, Liam returned to their house. Kathy believed that her brother had returned in the form of an angel and invited him to enter. Afterward, Liam killed her. Kathy's belief that her brother was an angel inspired his infamous nom de guerre "Angelus," later shortened to simply "Angel," a name that stuck with Liam for centuries.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The non-canon novel Soul Trade features Angel investigating a case involving theft of the soul of a little girl called Aubrey, who reminds him strongly of Kathy. He dreams of being with Aubrey at Kathy's grave, when the girl comments that he took Kathy's soul as Angelus and now he has to find hers as Angel.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "Angel" (Only mentioned)
- "The Prodigal" (Only in flashbacks)
- Soul Trade (Only in flashbacks)
- Dark Reflections, Part Two
- Dark Reflections, Part Four (Only mentioned)