- “I want the blood of the Slayer.”
Kakistos, the Father was an ancient Vampire master, possibly of Greek origin.
- “Kakistos is Greek, it means the worst of the worst. It's also the name of a vampire so old his hands and feet are cloven.”
- ―Rupert Giles[src]
Sunnydale and the Slayer
- “I'm going to rip her spine out of her body, then I'm going to eat her heart and suck the marrow from her bones.”
Kakistos traveled to Sunnydale to hunt down Faith. With him came an entourage of his minions, most of them fanatical followers led by Mr. Trick, Kakistos' right hand and a modern-minded vampire, who abandoned his master to be slain by Faith and Buffy Summers. Kakistos was finally slain by Faith who overcame her fear of him and impaled a two-by-four through his chest, staking and killing him.
- “There's a reason these vengeance crusades are out of style. It's the modern vampire who sees the big picture.”
- ―Mister Trick[src]
Kakistos was an old-minded, traditionalist vampire who reveled in the torture and mutilation of his victims. He seemingly did not approve of modern developments such as the electric light, preferring to light his dwellings with candles instead. He had little interest on modern comforts that would've allowed him to establish a power base with little effort. It was this short-sightedness that led Trick to abandon his Master to be dusted by the Slayers.
Powers and Abilities
- “Guess you need a bigger stake, Slayer.”
- ―Kakistos to Buffy[src]
Vampire abilities: Kakistos was an incredibly old vampire, having cloven hooves and a permanent demonic visage. He possessed the same powers as other vampires, albeit to a greater degree. For instance, he was able to effortlessly shrug off blows from Faith and Buffy and overpowered Angel in a fight.
Staking resistance: Common sized stake were ineffective against him, penetrating his skin but not dusting him. He could only be dusted by large wooden stake.
Behind the Scenes
- He was portrayed by Jeremy Roberts.
- Kakistos appeared as a boss in the 2003 video game adaption titled Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds where Kakistos is resurrected by the First as his champion against Faith. In the game, Kakistos could raise the dead and threatened do so to Buffy's deceased mother.
- "Faith, Hope & Trick" (1st Appearance)
- Angel: Blood & Trenches (noncanon)
- Spike and Dru: Pretty Maids All in a Row (noncanon)
- Go Ask Malice (noncanon)
- Chaos Bleeds (noncanon)