|This article is about the Joyce from 2019 comic series. For other uses, see Joyce.|
| The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.|
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
- “Uh huh, I love you anyway, trouble maker.”
- ―Joyce Summers[src]
Joyce Summers was an art gallery manager and the mother of Buffy Summers.
In October 28, 2019, Joyce had the opening of the Egyptian exhibit she curated. At the event, she met Rupert Giles and Jennifer Calendar, the librarian and a computer science teacher at Buffy's school.
The party was crashed by a group of vampires led by Drusilla, who demanded the Dagger of Sekhmet. Joyce identified herself as the curator, but the object had disappeared, so she would be the first victim until the dagger was found. Before Spike was able to bite Joyce, Jenny confessed Giles had hidden it, so Drusilla used the dagger to activate the Hellmouth. As the floor cracked beneath them, Giles and Jenny led Joyce and Eric to safety.
- Welcome Back to the Hellmouth, Part One
- Welcome Back to the Hellmouth, Part Two
- Welcome Back to the Hellmouth, Part Four
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer #5
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer #8
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer #9