|This article is about a subject whose real name is unknown, and is known only by a title, nickname or alias.|
- “You're the boss. John Hancock and done!"”
- ―The demon to Lilah Morgan[src]
He was part of Lilah Morgan's plan to blackmail Angel into liberating half-demon Billy Blim, a member of the powerful Blim family represented by Wolfram & Hart. The demon used his abilities to send Cordelia Chase damaging visions that also caused life-threatening injuries.
After Angel released Billy Blim from the demon dimension in which he had been imprisoned, Angel killed the psychic demon by throwing a crowbar directly into his brain before warning Lilah that he would personally kill her if she ever tried to attack Cordelia again.
Powers and abilities
- “I think she got the message.”
- ―The demon[src]
This demon resembled a human male without the upper part of his head, instead having the top part of brain visibly sitting which he would disguise under a fez. This demon had the ability to tap into the "celestial pipeline" through which the Powers That Be sent the Visions and send visions of his own. Unlike those sent by the Powers, the visions sent by this demon had physical manifestations that could injure and even threaten the life of the target.
When employing his psychic abilities, this demon levitated from the ground while his brain pulsed.
Behind the scenes
- He was portrayed by Kal Penn.
- Kal Penn previously appeared as Hunt on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- The demon's name is never mentioned, only credited as "Young Man in Fez".
- Although he says out loud "John Hancock" while signing, the name is an American slang for signature, in reference to the biggest signature on the United States Declaration of Independence.