Following the magic-related disaster in San Francisco, Buffy and her friends are trying to help put the city back together, while their own lives are also still in chaos. When the government begins introducing some special rules and regulations for folks with magical connections, Buffy may have to face being divided from the people for whom she cares the most.
- The story takes place one week later from previous issue The Spread of Their Evil.
- Jordan mentions Buffy's time at Deepscan ("Guarded").
- Andrew mentions having friends in Italy "from 'new slayer outreach' days", as shown in "The Girl in Question".
- Lake's hostility towards Willow indicates their fight in Own It, Part Three was final to their relationship.
- Rupert Giles
- Xander Harris
- Kennedy (Only mentioned)
- Linda Martin
- Ophelia Reyes
- Willow Rosenberg
- Shenlong (Only mentioned)
- Lake Stevens
- Calliope Strachan
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
- Vicki (Only mentioned)
- Andrew Wells
- Joanna Wise
Organization and Titles
- Italy (Only mentioned)
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- New Orleans, USA (Only mentioned)
- Ohio, USA (Only mentioned)
- San Francisco, USA
- White House
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- The variant cover features a "deleted scene" from the issue; written by Christos Gage, illustrated by Rebekah Isaacs, and colors by Dan Jackson.
- Due to the political tone of this issue and its publication date's proximity to the 2016 American presidential elections, Christos Gage wrote: “Proofed Buffy Season 11 #2 and man, are people gonna think this season's a response to the election, LOL. But I finished #6 before 11/8.”
Pop Culture References
- Giles' apartment has bookends based on the sculpture The Thinker.
- Xander compares Andrew's goodbye to the movie Casablanca (1942).
Goofs, Bloopers & Continuity Errors
- Despite being marked as Buffy, Willow, and Dawn's apartment, the last scene takes place at Xander and Spike's.