- “First long weekend I have pouring coffee in three months and I end up here.”
- ―Buffybot Mark II
"In Space No One Can Hear You Slay" was a Season Nine comic story available for free on May 5, 2012 and some time thereafter on the Dark Horse Comics website. It was also given out for free in published form as part of the 2012 Free Comic Book Day Buffy/Guild flipbook. It featured Buffy and Spike taking a space-cation in his ship.
Buffy and Spike take a relaxing trip into space... That soon has them encountering something from Alien—literally.
Organizations and Titles
- Someplace nice for Buffy's vacation
- Outer Space
Weapons and Objects
One Xenomorph (from Alien)
Behind the Scenes
Pop Culture References
- The Space-bug-zompire-thing is actually a Xenomorph (Alien) from the Alien franchise.
- The title is a parody of the tagline for the Alien movie poster, "In space no one can hear you scream."
- Buffy says, "We're gonna need a bigger can" (of bug spray) in reference to the famous line from the movie Jaws, "You're gonna need a bigger boat."
|Spike - "If you can get to my storage locker, you'll find a can of... b-u-g-s-p-r-a-y."|
|Unidentified Bug #1 - "Did you say bugspray?!"|
|Unidentified Bug #2 - "You have bug spray!"|
|Unidentified Bug #3 - "Are you trying to kill us?!"|
|Unidentified Bug #4 - "King Spike wants to commit insecticide!"|