Immunity is a creature's resilience or total impervious nature to supernatural powers, objects, effects, or forces that affect other members of its species. It appears that a creature's age, power level, and/or rank within its species hierarchy dictates if it is immune to its species' weaknesses and to what degree it is immune.
- Vampires' minds are like their reflection in a mirror; thus, they are immune to telepathic probing. However, more powerful telepaths, such as Splenden Beasts, can bypass this.
- Due to their undead bodies, vampires do not generate life force; the Root monster tried to drain life force from Angel, and killed itself in the process. Non was also unable to drain life energy from Spike.
- Vampires are immune to the effects of werewolf bites.
- Vampires are immune in the effect produced by pheromones of certain creatures such as the She-Mantis. It was demonstrated when Claw tried to attack the She-Mantis in her human disguise: he was immediately frightened by her, implying that, unlike the human males who were smitten by her presence, pheromones either alerted vampires or (at least) made them perceive her true nature.
- Spike was immune to the mystical shroud that prevented humans from discovering that Glory and Ben were one and the same.
- Gnarl was immune to Willow Rosenberg's magical attacks.
- Matango was immune to magical attacks; D'Hoffryn stole this power for himself