|This article is about the novel. For the character, see the Immortal.|
| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
During a routine slaying, Buffy encounters a vampire named Veronique who knows the slayer's name and can anticipate her attack. One who doesn't have the proper respect for Mr. Pointy. One who cannot die. If slain, she will reincarnate in a new body.
An invincible demon is the last thing Buffy needs right now. Joyce Summers is about to undergo a serious operation, calling up all of her daughter's fears about her own mortality. Angel wants to comfort Buffy, but her mother's crisis underscores the differences between them: he will live forever, while she will grow old… or die young.
Torn between her duties as the Chosen One, Buffy needs the support of her friends to help her solve a rash of grave robberies, head off an influx of new vampires, and take Veronique down once and for all. For Veronique is on a mission — to bring about the unification of her masters, the Triumvirate, into one all-powerful demon that will drink the blood of the last man on earth…
- The events of this story take place during Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3.
- Foreshadowing Buffy season 5, Joyce becomes increasingly sick and ends up in the hospital with a cancer scare and facing major surgery.
- Cordelia Chase
- Leah Coleman
- Rupert Giles
- Lucy Hanover
- Alexander Harris
- Angela Martignetti
- Daniel Osbourne
- Pepper Roback
- Willow Rosenberg
- Peter Toscano
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers
Behind the scenesEdit
- The cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3.
- This novel is also available in ebook and audiobook format, abridged and narrated by Charisma Carpenter.
- In the United Kingdom, this was the first Buffy novel to appear in hardback form.
- French: Immortelle (Immortal)
- German: Die Dämonin des Todes (The Demoness of Death)
- Spanish: Inmortal (Immortal)
- ↑ "Immortal eBook by Christopher Golden, Nancy Holder". Simon & Schuster. Retrieved August 3, 2019.